Ferry Road 10-14

From Tedsoc Wiki
Revision as of 16:33, 2 November 2014 by Cphicks (talk | contribs) (Text replace - ""." to "."")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
10-14 Ferry Road

Road: Ferry Road

Property: 10-14

After the turning into Broom Road and leading down to the river are the even numbers of Ferry Road, nos. 4-14. They were possibly originally built in the 1830s but the Teddington Society's Paddy Ching advises that the earliest reference to people living in Water Lane (Ferry Road's previous name) that she had found was in 1828 when someone was listed in the poor rate books. So it could be that the cottages were built in the 1820s. There are occupants listed in Water Lane in the 1841 census.

Nos. 10-14 is a terrace of three 2-storey houses. No. 10 is a 2-storey double fronted cottage, brick built rendered with lilac wash, slate roof, with sash windows, front garden paved over for parking.

Nos. 12 and 14 may have been one cottage in the 1970s as the description at that time was only of no. 12 as a "double fronted cottage, brick, slate roof, windows now bricked up, 2-storey." At the present time there are two cottages with a single bricked up window at first floor level above the two front doors with slate porch over. Both are rendered, one a pale blue wash and the other cream. Both have paved areas for parking.

This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor.