Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings
1) BTMs: These are so designated by the local Council because of their significance to the history and character of the local environment although they are not of sufficient interest to warrant statutory listing. For more information about BTMs and Council policy see the Council's Buildings of Townscape Merit webpage. We appreciate LBRuT's co-operation and support compiling this Directory and permitting the link. A list of the BTMs of Teddington sorted by Post Code can be found here (xls, 132Kb).
2) Listed Buildings: These are selected by Historic England (previously English Heritage). These have been included in each road where they exist together with images and descriptions. Click to see a list of Listed Buildings in Teddington.
3) Teddington: Click to see a A Guide to the Streets of Teddington. This is a Map of Post Code TW11 - The Teddington Society consider Teddington to be TW11 plus the south side of Waldegrave Park & the Field End estate.
4) Conservation Areas: Click to see a Map of Local Conservation Areas. The Conservation Areas are shown with purple vertical hatching and the map can be enlarged as needed.
5) 1841-1901 Census of Teddington: Click to access login page for 1841-1901 Census of Teddington.
You can explore this Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington by clicking on the road links below.
This directory is now updated and maintained by Rosemary McGlashon.
It was originally assembled by a team of Teddington Society Members. The BTM notes were prepared by Ann Miller, Gilly Hughes, Hilary Marshall & Ken Howe. Brian Bolam extracted from both Teddington Society publications & Historic England (Was English Heritage) records - with their approval & encouragement - descriptions related to Teddington's Listed Buildings. Brian also took many of the site's photographs.
The Census Transcripts were prepared by Roger Theobald, Mike Woods & Susan Ashley Blake
Colin Hicks constructed the website and provides technical assistance. The site is now maintained by The Teddington Society's web host.
Keith Atkinson co-ordinated the project. If you would like to volunteer to help or have suggestions on content please email Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contributions both from owners and occupiers of these very special buildings and also from all fellow Teddingtonians are most welcome!